AltPorn.Net is pleased to announce the 2022 inductees to the AltStar Hall of Fame. This June, along with announcing the winners of the AltPorn Awards aka AltStar Awards presented by Bad Dragon, the awards ceremony included inducting a few key people into the AltStar Hall of Fame. These are people who have truly changed the shape of alt and made a difference for all creators in the space.
- First up, we have Small Hands. At a time when the mainstream of the industry believed nobody looked at the guy in boy/girl videos, he became a sought after star. The AltPorn Awards was the first awards show to name him Male Performer of the Year, but many more accolades were to come.
- Next up, we have Joanna Angel. At a time when most alt work was photo-based, she went all in on video. Her work helped make it normative for tattooed pornstars to appear in big studio porn productions.
- A decade before the first alt sites graced the internet, at a time when adult media was bland with little cultural content, Amelia G had the courage to publish erotica informed by punk and science fiction and goth-industrial and fetish subcultures, breaking down the doors for a whole new genre.
- Forrest Black has been a leading visionary in visual arts for alternative erotica for three decades. His design work and photography, first in print publishing, and then in the early days of the web, set the standards and aesthetics that would eventually be adopted across our scene.
- The legendary Masuimi Max was mixing burlesque and fetish and punk before altmodel was even a term. Her electrifying live performances changed expectations and she has been on more magazine covers than any other altmodel.
AltPorn.Net has been doing press coverage celebrating alt creativity and the best in alternative erotica, alt.porn, counterculture, subculture, punk, goth, emo, tattooed, and just creatively offbeat sexy cool smut for nearly two decades and started giving the AltPorn Awards to honor excellence in alt work produced in 2010. In addition to the annual star-studded event in Los Angeles, AltPorn.Net produces AltStar magazine.
Bad Dragon was born out of a strong desire for a greater selection of fantasy toys to be made available to everyone. Bad Dragon’s main mission is to do their part in ‘making fantasies real’ for individuals who want to indulge in their fantasies a little deeper. Offering extensive customization of its products; every toy is available in a choice of colors and firmnesses as well as custom color options, some models allow for the toy to shoot out Cumlube, Bad Dragon’s own personal lubricant. By pushing the envelope with new materials and technology, Bad Dragon has gained a reputation for producing visually appealing, robust, high-quality toys with innovative features at industry standard prices.